Good mental health is essential for the wellbeing of every person, enabling them to live satisfying, healthy, happy, and productive lives. However, the mind can become burdened with worry. It can also become sick, unbalanced, or disordered. With the mind in control of the entire body, it’s imperative that we seek ways to support our own mental health as part of our self-care. We can begin by incorporating a healthy diet, regular exercise, and social interaction. At times, we may need a little or a lot of support to help us find a balance as we work through some of life’s toughest challenges.
Most people will have experienced the impact mental illness can have on the life of a loved one, a friend, co-worker, or within their own lives. It is crucially vital that we all understand just how necessary good mental health is to individuals. The mind governs the whole body and we cannot do anything without the mind!
Understanding & Supporting Good Mental Health Benefits Everyone
Understanding aids compassion and helps determine the method of assistance, allowing us to treat mental health issues as part of the human condition, giving it a form of ‘normality’ that disperses and eliminates stigma. It also enables others to see that there’s nothing wrong with seeking support and working through their issues. Counselling can be beneficial as it helps to address things like depression, anxiety, bioplar disorder, ADHD and emotional issues.
Keys for people facing challenges:
- You are not alone. We provide a service to give you and others the opportunity to talk to someone who will not judge you and has your best interest at heart.
- You are precious, so take good care of yourself.
- Talking to a counsellor is not a sign of weakness. It takes strength to admit you need help takes courage.
- Talk to someone. Better than doing it alone. Elanora Counselling is here to help.
- Loneliness and social isolation are not good for our mental health – so find a way to spend time with others on a regular basis.